EIDOS accepts submissions for the following content:
Please submit up to 10 images from a cohesive body of work. We accept sRGB jpeg images that are a no more than 3000 pixels in the maximum dimension.
Essays on Art History or Theory:
2500 – 3500 words
Must include bibliography
any length up to 3 per issue
Maximum length: 10,000 words
500 – 1500 words
Video Works (Portfolio Piece, Artist Profile, Technique)
90 seconds – 10 minutes maximum
Note:Video work will be included in our video podcast and we will publish screen shots in the digital and print journal
WHAT YOU RECEIVE IF WE PUBLISH YOUR WORK
- Your work will be featured in our email publicity campaign which is pushed out to over 3,000 magazine editors, ad agencies, galleries, and artists.
- Use of any our podcast content on your own websites and in any self promotion marketing campaigns you publish
- Inclusion in our digital and print editions (no royalty)
- 1 copy of the digital journal for your personal use (not for resell or distribution)
- 5 copies of the printed journal for your portfolio
- 25% discount on additional copies of the publication
Authors retain copyright of their materials. By submitting work you agree to give us non-exclusive rights to publish your work in the following ways:
In Print: The copyright permission you grant us is a one-issue publishing right for EIDOS Artworks Quarterly Journal. Paper copies of EIDOS are offered through online and retail sales.
Digital Media: In addition to the paper version of EIDOS Artworks Quarterly Journal, we simultaneously publish its contents as digital media. Since these digital media allow us to make our back issues available indefinitely, we require your authorization to do so in these formats. The copyright permission you grant to us is the right to publish your images/text/multimedia and to include this form of your work on our digital media publications in its original layout and format. We may not, however, reuse your images or text in any other printed projects, layouts, or variations.
Promotional Permission: To promote your work and our publication both in print and digital media, we utilize the materials you submit on our website and in our podcasts and in promotional campaigns. You grant us an indefinite right to use excerpts of your copyrighted material for promotional purposes only.
Please note: If these copyright permission conditions are not acceptable to you, we must decline your submission.
- Submit your materials HERE.
- Allow 4-6 weeks for a response
For any questions you have please contact us at: email@example.com